My must have makeup products from the drugstore!

4.08.2015

I love to shop but I am a slight cheapskate, when it comes to my makeup products I won't waist money on High end makeup products because to me, it's kind of silly to spend a days pay on a new eye shadow palette. I believe that at the drugstore treasures await that will save you $40+.
I'm not against a new makeup product now in then that may have costed a little more, but to buy something like that if you barely have enough money may not be so wise.
Today I am doing my must have makeup products that will save $$$ and make you look radiant.
It took me some time to come up with my must haves and honestly I've been working on it since I was 16.(I'm nearly 18.)
 Before we start make sure to follow me on all my social places to the right >>> and let me know your favorite makeup products under $10 in the comments.

Face:
1. My first must have makeup product is my Revlon color stay foundation for normal/dry skin. SHADE:110 Ivory COVERAGE: medium  COST: $9.98  **** (4 stars)


This foundation is A-MA-ZING!
It dries to a soft finish and comes in normal/dry or combination/oily.
It has a wide range of colors and I honestly have trouble finding a light enough foundation for my pale skin but here I was able to find one!
It last quite a while about 20 hrs. I made the mistake of being too lazy to remove my foundation when i went to bed one day and despite my tossing and turning all night when I woke up I thought some of my acne had disappeared but sadly it was just that my foundation was still slightly on.
Honestly though who needs their foundation to last so long?
The coverage is medium but it can be put on in layers for more coverage.
The one problem I did face was that the foundation latched on to  more bumpy areas and my dry patches, however I applied some moisturizer to my fingers and was able to rub the area and the foundation sort of released from the dry areas to create a nice foundation look.

2. Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder.
SHADE: Translucent COST: $3.97  *****

Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder
So finding a powder that mattifies your skin without making it cakey is hard but here Rimmel has succeeded in creating such a powder.
Now this powder will still give you that natural glow but it will keep that makeup from coming off.


I don't have a blush or bronzer that I love enough to mention but if I find one I will post it later.


Eyes:
1. Essence long lasting eye pencil.
SHADE: Hot chocolate & Hot Scorch OPACITY: High  COST: $2.49  *****
Essence
I have problems with eyeliner in general because as the day goes on it starts to leave a line in my crease and looks nasty, Even the Physicians Formula Eye Enhancing Liners which cost around $10 a piece do it to me.
Well not with this liner!
It stays on all day doesn't smudge and yet it still comes of fairly easy!
You need this in your life it's available at only select stores but you can purchase it at ULTA.

2.Wet n Wild Color Icon palette.
SHADE: Petal pusher COST:$4.68 OPACITY: Medium  ***


Wet n Wild Color Icon Eye Shadow Collection, Petal Pusher, 0.3 oz
This palette and other Color icon palettes from Wet n Wild prove from the reviews to be loved by ladies around the globe.
This is the most used palette of mine because i can get quite a few day to night looks out of the one palette. I'm not wild about the browbone color on the left but other then that it cool.
I have noticed creasing with the shadows but that could be caused by a lack of blending on my part.

3. Nyx  Wonder Pencil. (waterline)
SHADE: Light/ fair OPACITY: WOW! COST: $4.49 *****
Nyx Cosmetics

I use this pencil for my waterline to brighten up my eyes but it can be used as a lip liner, concealer, or brow liner.
It cost next to nothing and works WONDERS (get the pun?) for your skin.


4. Rimmel Scandal Eyes Show off Mascara.
SHADE: Black OPACITY: Excellent COST: $5.97 ****



When I first got this mascara last year it looked really dry but after applying it my lashes looked longer, better, fuller and blacker.
The round tip on the wand helps you to reach hard to reach places on your lashes .
It is excellent and a must have product of mine.

5. Essence Lash&Brow  Gel  Mascara.
SHADE: Clear COST: $2.99  ***
Essence
this was my first makeup product I ever owned and I still use it.
The one mess up in the product is that if not combed through properly it can look like dandruff in your brows but all you do is rub your finger over the browns to remove excess gel and you are good to go.


LIPS:

6. Maybelline Baby lips tinted lip balm!
SHADE: Cherry me. OPACITY:medium COST: $3
Maybelline

These tinted balms make your lips feel smooth and soft.
They have many shades but the above shade is my favorite.
These balms are excellent for on the go, or lazy lip days and the really make a difference to chapped lips like mine.



I hope ya'll enjoyed this post and don't forget to follow me every where (on social media that is not in real life.) lol


 photo nan_zpsae6ec91b.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
FREE BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS